- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 small tart red apple, cored & chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the oil and sauté the onions and mushrooms until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, cover and bake in the oven until rice has absorbed the liquid, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, allow to stand for about 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork.
You can add raisins, or cranberries to your dressings.
from the Food and Health Commincation Newsletter